In order to improve public health and increase the quality of remedial services which are of the country’s fundamental needs, Faculty of Medicine at Kateb University was established in 2011. The faculty makes all possible efforts to train its students at the highest level, according to international standards. In so doing, the faculty has employed highly skilled and experienced instructors with masters’ and PhD degrees, from (outside) Afghanistan. Members of the Advisory-Academic Board at the faculty are prominent academic medical scholars inside and outside their country. Using the most modern teaching methods, based on the teaching methods at top universities in the world as well as using the latest equipment and facilities and well equipped laboratories, library, good atmosphere and excellent facilities are only part of the medical faculty. It is hoped that by training skilled physicians, we would meet the needs of the public health services and implement healthcare plans in our country, Afghanistan, a big step forward.
The Faculty only has only one academic major, medicine. It also seeks to initiate two other faculties in the near future, pharmacology, and stomatology.
There are five departments which are as follows:
Facts and Figures
According to the laws and regulations stated by the Ministry of Higher Education, students graduated from private universities or institute of higher educations benefit from the same privileges as graduates of state universities enjoy- becoming a physician. They can be employed by clinics, infirmaries, or work as self-employers. They can also continue their studies at graduate levels.
• In 2012, 180 students after passing the admission test and interview were admitted at the university. Of these students, 170 of them passed the final exams of the 1st semester.
• In mid 2011, 33 students were admitted to study at the university after passing the entrance test.
• In 2012, 156 students were admitted through private interviews
• In 2013, 85 students after passing the admission test and interviews entered university. Currently, there are 390 students at the faculty.
• From among 454 students who first entered university, only 390 of them could continue their studies. This means that some 64 students were unsuccessful in their studies, supporting the evidence that our top priority is quality education. Especially, in practical areas, e.g. clinical sections, we are tough toward training.
The Annual Alumni Gathering and Career Fair 2018
Vice Chancellor’s Message
Office of Graduate Studies
office of insturction
Quality Assurance Department
Professional Development Center
Law & Political Science
About Law & Political Science
Conference on Women and Men Infertility and its Treatment
About Kateb University
Councils and Committees
Office of Strategic Communications
Vice Chancellor’s Message
Vice chancellor’s Message
NAD System Management
Deputy of the Student Affairs
Master of Law