|8:00 – 8:30||Welcome coffee and registration of participants|
|08:30 – 08:40||Recitation of Holy Quran and National Anthem|
|08:41 – 8:46||Welcome Remark: Mr. Wali Farhat, SCDU Manager|
|8:47 – 9:00||Opening Remark: Mr. Ali Ahmad Yousefi, Chancellor, Kateb University|
|9:01 – 10:00||Speech of Guest Speakers
1. H.E. Abdul Tawab Bala Karzai, the Minister of Higher Education
2. H.E. Dr. Mustafa Mastoor, Minister of Economy
3. Dr. Abdullah Al-Dardari (Resident Representative of UNDP Afghanistan)
|10:01 – 10:16||Keynote Speech, Prof. Sachs, Director, SDSN|
|10:17 – 10:33||Refreshment|
|10:34 – 12:00||Presentations:
1. How Can Universities Contribute to the SDGs (Experience and Knowledge Sharing related to Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Universities) – Prof. Tahl Kerstin, SDSN Australia, New Zealand & Pacific; University of Monash.
2. What Role Can Universities Play in Helping Afghan Government and International Agencies in Implementing the SDGs – Dr. Hussain Etemadi, Ph.D. From HafenCity University, Hamburg & ETH Switzerland (EAWAG-SANDEC), Research and Development Director at Orman Holding Group (OHG)
3. Findings About Research Paper “Illicit Economies and SDG16 in Afghanistan” The challenges of doing research on SDGs in Afghanistan, lessons learnt and recommendations. Mr. Qayoom Suroush, AREU’s Project Manager
4. Afghanistan’s Sustainable Development Goals (A-SDGs) – an opportunity for a new collective approach with Government and Civil Society Ms. Fiona Gall – Director ACBAR
|12:00– 1:00||Lunch Break|
|1:01 – 2:00||Panel:
1. Kateb University: Mr. Zia Shefaie, Vice Chancellor for Admin and Finance, will discuss related to Kateb University and the SDGs: Past, Present, and Future
2. Ministry of Economy (MoE): Mr. Mohammad Nabi Sroosh, Director General of Policy & RBM will discuss on “Status quo of SDGs in Afghanistan and express the future plan of MoE related to SDGs”.
3. SOAS University of London: Dr. Jasmine Bhatia will discuss on “Impact of Universities Researches on Development of Countries: Best Practices and Strategies that Afghanistan Universities can follow”.
|2:01 – 2:15||Refreshment|
|2:16 – 3:00||1. CEO, Executive Committee on SDGs (ECOS): Dr. Kohkan Fazelpour, Head of SDGs Coordination Unit,will be explaining the world best practices related to ECOS, needs for ECOS, responsibilities of ECOS and its impact on implementing the SDGs in Afghanistan.
2. Ministry of Finance (MoF): Zarlasht Masoom, Director to Public Investment Management and Infrastructure will discuss on “How to Finance SDGS in Afghanistan”
|3:00 – 4:00||Open Discussion|
|4:00– 5:00||Certificate Distribution|
Comment is not allowed