Position Title: Development Program Officer Employment Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kabul, Afghanistan Organization: Kateb University
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years Contract Duration: 1 year (extendable)
Date Posted: February 9, 2021 Closing Date: February 18, 2021
Salary: As per organization salary scale Gender: Any
No. of Vacancies: 1
The Development Program Officer will work with the Kateb Sustainable Development Center led consultant to analyze the situation, program plans and performance to provide information and decision options for the development and improvement of designs, implementation and evaluation. He/she provides technical support to design and concept development processes, monitors the quality of deliverables, and assist with reviews and summative evaluations.
To successfully undertake the aforementioned tasks, the development program officer will use his/her expertise in the areas of research, logic development and evaluation to improve design, delivery and impact of programs and projects.
1. Initiate design and concept development assignments
2. Monitor the development programs and develop potentially viable program and project concepts
3. Track SDG related activities both at the national and international level
4. Provide technical support and quality assurance to proposal and business development
5. support the presentation and negotiation of business/project ideas
6. Support the identification, procurement and organization of resources
7. Support the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects
8. Support the reporting writing processes and deliverables
9. Prepare the Kateb University’s annual sustainability report
10. Prepare and maintain all required documents and links enabling Kateb University to apply for SDG ranking at THE and QS
11. Perform other duties are assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications / Requirements:
1. Master degree in development studies, economics, business, management, research and evaluation
2. 3 years of experience in project management or monitoring and evaluation
3. Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
5. Excellent writing and reporting skills
6. Strong time management and organizational skills
7. Decent mastery of information technology basics and applications
8. Strong research design and data collection skills
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Educational documents to the below email address. Please make sure to put the reference number (DPO-KU-10) in the subject of your email, else your application will be disregarded by the system.
Please consider that applications received after the closing date and without subject line will not be given consideration. Only shortlisted candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be called for interview.
Submission Email: email@example.com
Comment is not allowed