|Position Title||IT & Library Officer||Vacancy Number||IT-03|
|Organization||Kateb University||Work Type||Full time|
|Date Posted||April 30, 2022||Contract Duration||Permanent|
|Closing Date||May 8, 2022||Gender||Any|
|Number of Job||1||Nationality||Afghan|
|Functional Area||Information Technology||Years of Experience||2 Years|
|Salary Range||As per Kateb Salary scale||Probation Period||3 months|
The IT & Library Officer will maintain the overall IT systems and functions of Kateb University. This will include, but are not limited to, administration, management, upgrading, maintenance and trouble-shooting of all hardware, software, network facilities and library of the university. He/she will also be responsible for organizing, and issuing library resources such as books and other materials for students and lecturers.
1. Manages all IT related tasks and provides support to administration in maintenance of IT equipments.
2. Installing and Troubleshooting Different Computer/Network Accessories.
3. Assists staff in using the Microsoft Office and provides training if required.
4. Maintain internal and external communication systems to ensure that there is constant internet access.
5. Regular physical inspection of IT equipments as a repair and maintenance practice.
6. Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies to ensure effective operation in the university.
1. Collect and catalog library resources including books and publications.
2.Register and classify the books based on the standard methods
3. Assists with Library Storage Facility requests, routing of materials, and strapping materials for return.
4. Help students & lecturers locate reference and reading materials.
5. Maintain applicants records and ensure it is updated.
6. Oversee the study hall to ensure a safe and silent environment.
7. Perform any other duties directed by supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
2. Two years relevant experience.
3. Ability to work under the pressure and be flexible in working hours
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English. Ability to speak and write in English
1. Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs to the below E-mail adress.
2. Candidates must write the vacancy number (IT-03) in the subject line of the email.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Comment is not allowed